Last updated September 22, 2023
This privacy notice for Hypnotherapy Ltd (doing business as Nick Bullock / London Hypnotherapy) (‘I‘ or ‘mine‘) describes how and why I might collect, store, use, and/or share (‘process‘) your information when you use my services (‘Services‘). This includes when you:
- Visit my website at https://londonhypnotherapy.me.uk/, or any website of mine that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with me in other related ways, including any communications or marketing
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with my policies and practices, please do not use my Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
1. Personal Data I Collect:
- 1.1 Communication: When you decide to get in touch with me, I collect your first and last names, email address and telephone number, and any messages you leave on the contact forms. I also collect your IP address for security purposes.
- 1.2 Subscription: Email addresses are collected for newsletter subscriptions via MailChimp. Each email has an “unsubscribe” link.
- 1.3 Calendly Appointments: I use Calendly for appointments. This requires certain personal information from you. Please note Calendly has its own privacy practices.
2. Why I Collect Data:
3. How Data is Collected:
- 3.1 Website: Via online forms on my website.
- 3.2 Newsletter Service: MailChimp handles the collection for newsletter subscriptions.
4. Data Retention:
Personal details such as names and emails are retained while you’re using my services and for one year afterwards. Payment transactions and related client information are stored for six years, in accordance with statutory requirements.
5. Data Sharing:
- 5.1 Supervision Services: For professional development purposes, I might share minimal client data, including first names and general session topics, with my supervisor. My supervisor maintains strict confidentiality.
- 5.2 Accountant Services: Certain client details are shared with my accountant for financial record-keeping and tax-related needs.
- 5.3 Website Development: My website developer can access form submissions and other website data for technical support. They are contractually obligated to protect this information.
6. Third-Party Data Collection:
- 6.1 Online Forms: Online forms gather your IP Address and User Agent, along with the personal information you supply.
- 6.2 Google Analytics: Google Analytics records general location data and browsing behaviour such as what pages you viewed on my website.
7. Opting Out:
9. Data Security:
We place the utmost importance on the security and privacy of your personal data. We employ a leading security solution, to safeguard our website from potential threats. This sophisticated system provides comprehensive protection mechanisms, including a firewall, real-time monitoring, and malware scanning. By adopting these measures, we ensure that the confidential information you share with us remains secure and is protected from unauthorised access or breaches. The safety of your data is of paramount importance to us, and we are dedicated to using the best tools and practices to protect it.
10. Ethical Obligations:
For more information on my ethical responsibilities, please refer to this page on Hypnotherapists.org.uk
11. Addressing Privacy Concerns:
Should you have any privacy concerns or wish to access your personal data, please email me at email@example.com.
12. Data Protection Officer:
35 Colworth House Colworth Park, Sharnbrook, Bedford, England, MK44 1LQ.
13. Online Consultations:
I use Zoom and Skype for online sessions. Both platforms have robust encryption and GDPR policies.
Appointments are arranged through Calendly, embedded on my website. Payments are made via PayPal or Bank Transfers, both of which uphold high security and GDPR standards.
16. Engagement with Minors
While my Hypnotherapy services are primarily directed towards adults (18+), I recognise the potential for minors (persons under the age of 18) to access my website or services. If I am contacted by or learn that a user is under the age of 18, I will require verifiable parental or guardian consent before continuing any professional engagement with the minor.
Thank you for trusting me with your information. Should you have any further queries or concerns regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
DSAR (Data Subject Access Request)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, email and telephone number of the person requesting the information
- If you are the data access subject, please attach:
- proof of identity – such as a copy of your driver’s license or passport
- proof of address – such as a utility bill or utility letter
- If you are not the data access subject, you will need to provide:
- The data access subject name, email address and telephone number
- Written authority from the data subject OR
- Legal justification you have for obtaining access to the data
Please email email@example.com or fill out the form below: